How Did Dorset Macmillan Advocacy work?
A member of our team would visit you at home to find out exactly what support you would like.
We worked with our advocacy partners to find a way forward, resolve difficulties, cancer-related or not, and improve their quality of life.
How did we help?
- by listening, giving time and understanding
- by finding information and explaining it
- by looking into practical support options
- by helping you to make choices
- by speaking alongside you
- by putting you first
- by supporting you in your caring role
What sort of questions did we get asked?
- Is the treatment I’m starting the best for me? I’d like more information
- Which agencies can help me to manage at home?
- I need to sort out the questions that I want to ask the doctor
- My friend is a great help but I want a real heart to heart.
- I’d like someone to come with me to my appointments
‘I could share my feelings about the cancer and what
happened to me with my advocate more than anyone else.’
Person helped by Dorset Macmillan Advocacy